[Catalog-sig] Mandatory Reset of PyPI Passwords

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 15 13:07:16 CET 2013

Richard Jones <richard <at> python.org> writes:

> Please change your passwords

I've done this and it seems to have taken, but I noticed something odd. If I
click on the "Clear Basic Auth" link, then if I type the new password into the
login box which pops up, it never accepts the password. However, if I dismiss
that login box, go back to the PyPI home page and click on the "Login" link, the
login box *does* accept my new password. Could there be different code paths? I
tried it a couple of times - yesterday, and again today. It could be me being a
butterfingers, but I was trying to be careful when typing the password.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip