[Catalog-sig] Proposal for the bootstrap API

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 14:10:27 CET 2013

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 10:25 PM, Tarek Ziadé <tarek at ziade.org> wrote:
> Anyways: I am withdrawing my proposal - if we're special-casing a few
> projects,  why bother creating a new API in the first place ?

That's why I asked how frequently the bootstrap files needed updates
earlier - if they're fairly static, then simply asking for a copy to
be hosted on PyPI and documenting that as the canonical location is by
far the most straightforward solution.

The only reason for an API would be if the projects wanted to be able
to update them directly without asking the PyPI admins to upload a new
version (and, as you note, that could potentially be handled via
ssh/scp config rather than via the PyPI web app).

Cheers,
Nick.