[Catalog-sig] V3 PEP-draft for transitioning to pypi-hosting of release files

Justin Cappos jcappos at poly.edu
Thu Mar 14 15:13:03 CET 2013

Maybe a different way to say it is that the current TUF integration doc
assumes that it is desirable to make minimal change to PyPI's layout and
pip, easy_install, etc. while adding security.   We made several choices
based upon this assumption, including using and retaining the /simple dir.

If the community wants a more 'clean-slate' design, we could put that
together also.   This requires a lot of information specific to your setup
and use cases so we'd appreciate collaboration with you guys to write that
up.

Thanks,
Justin