[CentralOH] Kokki, or, Server Management

Austin Godber godber at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 15:19:15 CET 2010

After sleeping on it and rereading your message Issac, I had the following
thought.  If it is acceptable to constrain yourself to Ubuntu on EC2 I would
look at the provisioning stuff thats already built into Canonicals Ubuntu

It seems simple enough that you would only need to dedicate a little time
learning about it.  Its built right into the image.  The cloud-config
section will save you from having to script really common things like
apt-get update and package installs.

Check out this and other examples in the same directory:

This buys you the flexibility of custom scripts with a bit more structure
that should simplify things in the long run.  If you end up doing a lot of
config file munging though it could get messy.