[CentralOH] PyOhio Videos

James Bonanno james at atlantixeng.com
Sat Aug 3 23:18:47 CEST 2013

I've watched several of the PyOhio videos, the presentations and content
have been very good. I particularly enjoyed Catherine's talk on "The IPython
Notebook Revolution" and I'm inclined to agree with her. I would add that
there is also a significant financial factor involved, comparing a tool like
IPython Notebook to Matlab. I would argue that the extensibility of IPython
Notebook puts it above Matlab in this regard, and that is a noteworthy
thing. This does seem to be vertically oriented technology, versus
horizontal. Vertical technology causes change in paradigms. Best, James