[CentralOH] Writing a game in Python

Eric Floehr eric at intellovations.com
Sun May 19 16:59:36 CEST 2013

I'm a big fan of turn-based strategy games, ever since the days of SSI. I
haven't had much time for games but found out and bought a new
multi-platform (i.e. runs natively on Linux :-) game called "Unity of
Command".

http://unityofcommand.net/

The game is well done, and quite polished and enjoyable. There is a good
set of tutorials, so an otherwise high learning curve (as is true of many
strategy games) is very much lessened.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered the game was written entirely in
Python:

http://unityofcommand.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=607&f=7

If you wanted to see what you can do with PyGame and Python, wow, this is a
great example, and a good game! It's on sale for $10 too :-).

Cheers,
Eric