[CentralOH] Ohio Supercomputer Center hiring Web and Interface Applications Manager

Dr. David E Hudak dhudak at osc.edu
Thu Feb 13 16:08:45 CET 2014

Hi All,

I am the new Director of Supercomputer Services at the Ohio Supercomputer Center.  As part of my duties, I need to hire a manager for our new Web and Interface Applications Group (see below).  If qualified and interested, I would welcome your application.  I will be happy to answer any questions in followup 1-1 email or by phone.

https://www.jobsatosu.com/postings/52650

> Working Title:  Web and Interface Applications Group Manager
> Reports to:  Director of Supercomputer Services (David Hudak)
>
> Detailed Job Description:
>
> The Ohio Supercomputer Center (OSC) provides high-performance computing (HPC) services for university researchers and industrial clients. This Manager position in the OSC Web and Interface Applications Group will lead the specification, design and development of software applications leveraging OSC services.  This covers a broad range of services including OSC OnDemand, science gateways, industrial services like AweSim, and HPC interface apps for tablet and smartphone platforms.
>
> Required Qualifications:
> 	• Bachelor’s degree in a computing, science, mathematics or engineering discipline.  Extraordinary candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
> 	• At least five years of professional software development experience.
> 	• Expert-level experience in Linux/Unix platforms.
> 	• Expert-level experience in one or more programming languages such as C/C++ /JAVA/Python/Ruby.
> 	• Experience one or more web application frameworks such as Django/Rails.
> 	• Excellent writing and communication skills.
>
> Preferred Qualifications:
> 	• Masters or Ph.D. in a computing, science, mathematics or engineering discipline.
> 	• Software development team management experience.
> 	• High performance computing experience.
> 	• Grid or cyberinfrastructure experience.
>
> Essential Duties
>
> 50% Initiate and drive delivery of web and interface applications. Work with industry and academic customers to generate requirements; develop project plans; hire and manage staff; oversee development and testing to ensure quality.
>
> 25% Architect and develop solutions for the most difficult interface application challenges with other OSC technical leaders; address issues of scalability and security.  Test and recommend new interface technologies and platforms.
>
> 20% Oversee web and interface application usage and advise OSC management on opportunities to expand or improve services.  Participate in proposals, publications and presentations.
>
> 5% Other duties as assigned.

Thanks,
Dave
---
David E. Hudak, Ph.D.          dhudak at osc.edu
Interim Director of Supercomputer Services
Ohio Supercomputer Center
http://www.osc.edu
OSC is a member of the OH-TECH Consortium
http://www.oh-tech.org