[CentralOH] Web developer position open at Ohio Supercomputer Center
dhudak at osc.edu
Mon May 5 20:22:09 CEST 2014
Hi Central Ohio Python Users,
OSC is hiring an app developer for our Web and Interface Apps Group. If anyone has any questions, please let me know.
Position Title: Systems Developer/Engineer
Working Title: Web and Interface Applications Engineer
Reports To: Web and Interface Applications Group Manager
Detailed Job Description
The Ohio Supercomputer Center (OSC) provides high-performance computing (HPC) services for Ohio’s university researchers and industrial clients. The Web and Interface Applications Group develops software solutions including OSC OnDemand, AweSim apps, and HPC interface apps for tablet and smartphone platforms. We are seeking a software engineer to design, develop and test web applications, web services and UNIX applications running in a Linux environment. This engineer will work as part of a team on the entire development life cycle: requirements, design, implementation, testing and maintenance. This position is funded by a 2 year U.S. Department of Energy grant and continued employment will be contingent upon sustained and future funding.
· Experience programming in a modern web programming language such as Python or Ruby.
· Experience working with relational or NoSQL databases.
· Experience with CSS.
· An understanding of object oriented analysis and design concepts.
· Proficient in Linux/UNIX user environment.
· Bachelor’s degree in a computing, science, mathematics or engineering discipline or relevant professional experience.
• Ability to develop web applications with Ruby/Rails or Python/Django.
• Ability to develop single page web apps using HTML5, JS, and jQuery.
• Active on github, bitbucket or other alternative.
• Proficient in one or more of Java, Objective-C or C++.
• Interest in high-performance computing or modeling and simulation.
• Ability and clearance to work on export controlled projects.
60% Develop, test and maintain HPC web applications and services. Contribute to individual and team application development efforts by remaining on-task and on-schedule. Resolve escalated Help Desk issues as they relate to web applications.
20% Meet with clients to capture functional requirements and generate use cases. Demonstrate applications to clients and refine designs based on feedback.
15% Implement development and testing policies as directed by Technical Leads. Investigate, recommend and implement new technologies.
David E. Hudak, Ph.D. dhudak at osc.edu<mailto:dhudak at osc.edu>
Interim Director of Supercomputer Services
Ohio Supercomputer Center
OSC is a member of the OH-TECH Consortium
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CentralOH