[CentralOH] COhPy: July Monthly Meetup this coming Monday (July 30)

Eric Floehr eric at intellovations.com
Tue Jul 24 20:38:48 EDT 2018

RSVP Here:
https://www.meetup.com/Central-Ohio-Python-Users-Group/events/246491290/

Neil Ludban will be doing a live getting started demo for
MicroPython/Circuit Python on an Adafruit board, and some coding exercise
suggestions if enough people show up with one (Microcenter has (or recently
had) maybe 10 of each in stock, with the playground on sale).

A version of MicroPython is shipping on a couple adafruit boards (note the
*express* in the names), both worked for me out of the box with just a USB
cable attached to a laptop. The playground put a large number of sensors
and outputs on the PCB, the metro has arduino headers.

Links:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CircuitPython

https://www.adafruit.com/product/3333 (circuit playground *express*)
https://www.adafruit.com/product/3505 (metro m0 *express*)

https://www.adafruitdaily.com/2018/05/01/metro-m4-express/

Afterwards we'll adjourn to Brazenhead on Fifth to talk further Python!