[Chennaipy] Diversity in Chennaipy

Shrayas rajagopal shrayasr at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 14:13:53 CEST 2015

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 5:06 PM, Karthikeyan A K
<karthikeyan at openmailbox.org> wrote:
> Well, then if normal coders are presumed unsafe for women, then why not we
> have chennai_py_woman group where they can feel safe.

It has already been discussed in this thread, request you to please go
through the thread.

> I strongly believe men and women are equal and both must get the same
> treatment without any partiality.

I agree with you completely but that is an _idealistic_ society. What
we live in is a realistic society where women participation has very
much been curbed. So we can't just sit back and say THIS is how it
will be, go figure. We need to play a proactive role in helping to
bring about this balance.

> A tech group I feel must have technically
> sound people. He or she may be a saint or a bandit AFK, that should not
> concern us. Neither does one's language and tone must be considered.

This will work if the group is completely online and there aren't any
face to face meetups. Who the person is AFK matters during a physical
meetup.

If someone is the most brilliant person technically BUT doesn't have
the right attitude towards his fellow humans, IMHO being technically
awesome amounts to nothing. Respect towards a fellow being should come
first before how much u understand about a concept.

[...]