[Chicago] Can you write Perl in Python?

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Wed Dec 28 05:14:50 CET 2005

On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 05:06:25PM -0500, Ian Bicking wrote:
> *barely* better at compression than zlib is.  Hmm... after using map
> and lambda I can get it down to 155, 153 compressed (two characters of
> compression, w00t!).   I'm totally stumped on the last 15 characters,
> though.

No map, no lambda, 154 uncompressed.  Hmmm, I suppose I could save two
or three bytes if I use a raw string literal there and embed the actual
control code...

This is not the first time databases and file systems have
collided, merged, argued, and split up, and it won't be the last.
The specifics of whether you have a file system or a database
is a rather dull semantic dispute  -- Rob Pike