[Chicago] Can you write Perl in Python?

Edward S. Marshall esm at logic.net
Wed Dec 28 06:46:10 CET 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-27 at 12:24 -0600, Michael Tobis wrote:
> My best to date is 221 characters, but folks on c.l.p. (see "python
> coding contest" thread) are claiming non-cheats of under 140
> characters.

Bah, I'm obviously not a very good Perl programmer, then. 233 characters
is all I could make myself get it down to tonight, without my head
exploding, without resorting to map/lambda, and without representing the
template as a set of numbers. It's still pretty readable; maybe I'll
take a peek at it tomorrow.

Good "practice", though. (Or bad, if you consider the goal... :-)
(http://blogs.pragprog.com/cgi-bin/pragdave.cgi/Practices/Kata/)

--
Edward S. Marshall <esm at logic.net>
http://esm.logic.net/