[Chicago] topics

Jason R Huggins JRHuggins at thoughtworks.COM
Wed Jan 4 22:43:43 CET 2006

Michael Tobis wrote on 01/04/2006 03:10:43 PM:
> I'm OK with meeting in Downer's especially if Martin can show up and
> explain the winner's multiple radix trick to me. I am happy to offer
> the Monadnock through most of the year; also I think I can swing
> something at the downtown Loyola campus now.

I'd also like to offer ThoughtWorks' downtown Chicago office again. (Yet
again, pending my ability to show up!)
ThoughtWorks has been sponsoring the past few Chicago Ruby meetups... I'd
like to see TW get some Python love, too.

> Anyone for Module of the Month?
> Anything else topical? Time for yet another Web frameworks showdown?

I'd like to present VPython (aka vpython.org... aka "visual python"... aka
the "visual" module).
VPython is a very simple, but very cool 3d framework. I've been using it
to create and animate some electromechanical prototypes I've been scheming
to build these past few years. So I'll present the 3d framework, but the
meta-presentation is to show off my whiz-bang "3d machine" that only
exists in (3d) Python code now, but pending the right match up with some
Japanese keiretsu, will make me the next Steve Jobs.... or broke. :-)

I'd also like to start a new web meme lamenting the large number of
Python-based 3d frameworks. Commenting on too many web frameworks was so
2005.

-Jason