[Chicago] Sprint, Imagescape

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Wed Mar 15 22:59:20 CET 2006

Fawad Halim wrote:
> Hi,
>   I've created an SVN repository at
>
> http://opensvn.csie.org/chipy

Cool; it'll be nice to have total control over the repository.

> The corresponding viewcvs is :
> https://opensvn.csie.org/viewcvs.cgi/?root=chipy
> and trac is : https://opensvn.csie.org/traccgi/chipy/

Also very nice!

> If we come up with a better/different hosting for svn, opensvn gives us
> the option of creating a dump of the repository.
>
> We can create user accounts the day of the sprint, or if we need to do
> some prep before then, please email me so I can create one for you.

What access method are you using?  I usually use simple HTTP Basic, so
people send me lines made from htpasswd to set up an account.

> I missed the 9 o'clock thing last night, but, as far as I know, there
> hasn't been any discussion about the design yet. It'd be nice if someone
> more experienced in organizing/participating in sprints could advise about
> how designing the app would work.

I forgot about the 9 o'clock thing too.  I'll try to remember to get on
#chipy tonight, though.

I think it would be useful if someone put a hello-world app in the
repository before the sprint; i.e., complete structure.

Personally I think some people spend too much time in design at sprints
-- better just to dive in.  But that's my general philosophy on
programming.  Anyway, usually there is a "coach", who may not do much
programming but is available for questions, keeps an eye out for any
integration issues, etc.  And then some small groups.  But it doesn't
require a lot of planning; it often just happens that one person goes
around answering questions.

We should probably talk about scope -- probably at the sprint -- and do
a really quick mockup (UMLish, or UIish).  Then see if we can divide
into groups, and try to commit and svn up often so we can break each
other's stuff earlier rather than later.  And regroup often.

While I write this Chris chimed on the Selenium sprint.  That was more
organized than most of us were at PyCon ;)  That sounds good too.

Lastly dumb hubs and extra ethernet cables would be appreciated for the
sprint.  If anyone has a wireless router that is easy to set up, also
appreciated -- I can bring mine, but I find it hard to setup sometimes.