[Chicago] May meeting -- socializing begins at 7 p.m., presentations begin at 7:17 p.m.

Jason R Huggins JRHuggins at thoughtworks.COM
Tue May 2 22:22:52 CEST 2006

Brian Ray wrote on 05/02/2006 02:48:33 PM:
> Our start time for ChiPy meetings has traditionally been 7. Unless we
> have good reason for change, we should leave it at 7. Even then, we
> need to remind people a meeting ahead of time about a time change.
> Presenters and hosts should get there at 6:30 to make sure everything
> is set up.

Okay, 7 p.m. it is, except for me or other folks who want to help setup at
6:30 and get first dibs on pizza. :-)

It's also (now) traditional to "pre-meet" before any TW-sponsored ChiPy
meetings at the Bean Addiction Cafe inside the Presidential Towers,
wearing glasses and a green shirt (or optionally, the Chipmunk costume).
( http://mail.python.org/pipermail/chicago/2006-February/000424.html )

And in hoping to *break* tradition, let's clarify what'll actually start
at 7.
(ref: http://mail.python.org/pipermail/chicago/2006-February/000444.html )

The pizza will arrive between 6:45 and 7... Let's plan on chatting and
munching until 7:17, and "officially" start at 7:17:01. I vaguely remember
reading about some dotcom CEO years ago that liked to start meetings at
odd non-":00" times to make the start times more memorable. Can you spot
the irony?

I'll do my best to make sure the projector and wireless is working
beforehand. I'm secretly hoping for Apple to embed a projector in future
laptops so that this kind of stuff "Just Works" sometime this century.

-Jason