[Chicago] May meeting -- socializing begins at 7 p.m., presentations begin at 7:17 p.m.

Atul Varma varmaa at gmail.com
Thu May 4 19:38:46 CEST 2006

Over the past few weeks I've had to switch between so many different
linux distros with their own shell-scripted ways of starting &
stopping server processes that I just got fed up with them and wrote
one in Python.

It's pretty simple and lightweight--only about 230 lines of code with
comments and error checking, so I thought it might make a decent
newbie-friendly presentation of some of the more unix-specific
modules.  I'd also like to see what kind of feedback you guys have on
it.

So, I'd be up for giving a short presentation on this if anyone's interested.

- Atul