[Chicago] Chicago Digest, Vol 28, Issue 14

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Fri Dec 7 18:31:54 CET 2007

On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 10:27:16AM -0600, Christopher Allan Webber wrote:
> XKCD > Dilbert... that's not even a contest, man.
> Also, batch mail digests suck because when people reply to them it
> breaks my beautiful threading in Gnus :(

That's unimportant, but when it breaks threading in mutt it makes me
<frown />.

+1/-1 - I can see Dilbert scoring higher with those who are unfortunate
enough to have real-life PHBs running the fucked company that employs
them.  Without that factor, I find I have to agree, Dilbert isn't even
in the same ballpark as xkcd for real geek humor.  By such a margin
that I never thought about comparing them until this came along...

Plus the relationships in Dilbert are all icky.  Or maybe imaginary,
I'm not really sure.

It isn't that secrets are never needed in security.
It's that they are never desirable.  -- Whitfield Diffie