[Chicago] Chicago visit

Andrew Bassett awbassett at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 01:03:05 CEST 2007

On 6/7/07, Brady Cox <bradyc at google.com> wrote:

> Things To Ingest Whilst In Chicago:
>
> Deep Dish Pizza - You want to visit Giordano's, Lou Malnati's, Gino's
> East, or My Pi (it's a pi symbol on the sign)  Other suggestions are
> welcome.

Agreed. Lou's Buttercrust is my favorite.

Chicago Style Hot Dog - since I don't normally eat these... people please
> speak up.

Gene and Judes - 2720 River Rd, River Grove, IL 60171-1325
Hot Dougs (Although, it is an 'encased meat emporium', not just hot dogs) -
3324 N California, Chicago, IL 60618*
*

Italian Beef - Mr. Beef, Buona Beef, Portillo's, Suggestions Welcome

Portillos is probably the best out of those. There is also a place on
Jackson (and cross street is Wells.. maybe?) in the loop called Luke's that
is pretty good. I imagine they are only open during normal work week
business hours.

There are also a lot of Gyros places around that are good.  Generally these
> are small mom & pop establishments.

King's Too is my favorite. It's on the cross of Foster, Milwaukee and
Central, just east of I-90. You'd get off 90 at Central and go north for
just a short while. (I haven't ever been that direction on 90, someone
please confirm this!).

HTH!

--
Andrew Bassett