[Chicago] Suggestions for things to see in Chicago

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Wed May 30 15:38:39 CEST 2007

On 5/29/07, Ted Pollari <tcp at mac.com> wrote:

> Our group is at the University of Chicago and we use python for many
> data related tasks, but as of yet, we have no experience with it in
> teaching situations.
>
> If you're looking to head to the UofC, be advised that the UofC is
> out of the way when it comes to Chicago geography and public
> transportation -- it's not especially near any of the elevated train
> lines and is most easily accessed by car/taxi or bus from downtown
> (we're about 7 miles (~11-12km) south of downtown).

UofC is in Hyde Park, and if you take the red line to 55th Street you
can catch the 55th street bus to it, but the Southside bus service
sucks. They're usually late. Catch an express bus from downtown.

Do a search on Hyde Park for interesting things to do. If you like
museums, the Museum of Science and Industry is down there. I think the
Oriental Institute is also there.

I'm going to see Arcadia at the Court Theatre next week, so I know the
Court Theatre is there.

There's an interesting used bookstore, can't remember details. I can
ask my bookstore friend if you're interested.

Which neighborhood are you staying in?

--
sheila