[Chicago] Help with PyCon Talk Proposals

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 21:32:48 CET 2007

I have a hard time gauging what the range of Python users are at
Pycon.  My "gut" from last year tells me there are more beginner-level
Python programmers then there are advanced ones.  But that is not
based by any factual evidence.  I'm sure there are stats on this
somewhere.

On Nov 13, 2007 12:00 PM, Feihong Hsu <hsu.feihong at yahoo.com> wrote:
> - Python for C# programmers

given the above, this may be a strong talk to give.  It certainly
seems like a talk that Pycon needs right now (from Carl's emails and
the Pycon wiki).

> - Integrating Python with .NET (and Mono)

I think this may also be strong, although not as strong as Python for
C# programmers.  Although I can't decide.  There were some talks last
year on .NET but none like Python for C# Programmers (I think)

> - Getting Started with wxPython

-1 on this.  There are so many damn GUI frameworks and there were
about 3 talks last year focusing on a framework (possibly more than I
can't think of right now)

> - Fun with Function Frames, Metaclasses, __getitem__ and Decorators

This would be a very cool talk to see :)  And would be very
interesting for intermediate/advanced users.  I think it would be
popular.  But, again, if you can find some stats on attendance that
would be a better way to judge.

_

Try one as a lightning talk!  Also, you may want to submit two
outlines and let the judges decide.  That's probably the best way to
approach it.