[Chicago] Chance to try out AppEngine (and make my life easier)

Massimo Di Pierro mdipierro at cs.depaul.edu
Wed Apr 9 07:49:18 CEST 2008

The database is rather small and it was not such a difficult project
using web2py (99 lines of code) so I just made it.
Turns out the use of SQL IN and LIKE operators are crucial for this
project and they are not supported by google appengine.
You should pick another project for that purpose.

Anyway, you can try it here

     https://mdp.cti.depaul.edu/MetraSchedule

I did not try to fix the typos in the town names as they appear on
their online schedule. It is a bit slow because I have not yet
created the db indices.
Do you think Metra may want to buy it? You got the idea, so you get 20%.

Massimo