[Chicago] Chance to try out AppEngine (and make my life easier)

Michael Tobis mtobis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 18:52:39 CEST 2008

I think the odds of getting money directly out of Metra prior to
launch are perhaps infinitesimal or less, but I could imagine such a
site run independently getting a few bucks from advertising. Your main
risk to that approach is that they would change the formatting of
their schedule, possibly even just to be contentious about it, and
you'd have to rewrite your parser.

The Metra schedules are indeed a classic  of inhumane interface
design. Tufte himself has something to say about train schedules in
one of his books.

mt