[Chicago] neural networks

John Jacobsen john at mail.npxdesigns.com
Fri Apr 11 20:51:54 CEST 2008

Hi Adam,

I've done some work with NNs a long time ago - feedforward nets
trained using backpropagation, for use in a high energy physics
experiment at CERN.

I might be able to remember some of the details... I'd be curious to
know what you have in mind.

Unfortunately I am out of town for this month's ChiPy, but I am happy
to discuss over email.

John

p.s. the paper reference for the work is as follows.  I can send you
a scanned PDF if you are interested.

Bellantoni 1991: L. Bellantoni, J.S. Conway, J.E. Jacobsen, Y.B. Pan,
Sau Lan Wu,
"Using Neural Networks with Jet Shapes to Identify b Jets in e+e-
Interactions",
Nucl. Inst. & Meth A310(1991) 618-622.