[Chicago] web2py 1.20 is out

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Tue Feb 5 16:51:51 CET 2008

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 09:29:33PM -0600, Daniel Griffin wrote:
> notes. I would really like Prof. Di Pierro's input on this and why he went
> the way he did with web2py.

For pedagogical purposes, it can be very beneficial to pretend that
there are only square holes and pegs to match.  <wink>

> I have been trying to solve a much larger problem than any of these
> frameworks really prepares me for, namely working with creating a web
> front-end to a mature piece of enterprise software. Pylons has given me the
> most hope so far, but I think I am still going to end up writing a ton of
> boilerplate code.

Are there any frameworks that don't pretty much assume you're starting
from scratch?  I'd say that all of them that I've looked at for more
than the briefest glance leverage the assumption that the project is
all new (and needn't consider anyone accessing its data except through
the app built using the framework) as a hugely simplifying assumption -
only one shape of holes and pegs, once again.

--
Anyone who says you can have a lot of widely dispersed people hack
away on a complicated piece of code and avoid total anarchy has never