[Chicago] About Chicago & Local Restaurants

Anthony Rubin anthony.r.rubin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 22:11:05 CET 2008

On Feb 12, 2008 2:45 PM, Chris McAvoy <chris.mcavoy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have a mission.  For Pycon, there's going to be a "publication,"
> which sounds mysterious, but is actually just going to be a program.
> We've been asked to supply two things, 1) About Chicago and 2) Local
> Restaurants and Tourist Spots.
>
> We've had a gajillion of these discussions before, so pull out your
> lists and respond to this email.  Tom Tobin and Sheila Kay (without
> her knowing, hi Sheila!) have volunteered to pull the emails together
> into a coherent lump, which will then be universally credited to
> ChiPy.
>
> Does this make sense?  Start suggesting.
>
> Chris

I have a partial list here:

http://del.icio.us/anthonyrubin/restaurant

If I had to single out a few restaurants that are worth visiting while
in Chicago:

Frontera Grill - regional Mexican, James Beard award winner, Rick
Bayless has a show on PBS
Hopleaf - Belgian-style pub, amazing beer selection, amazing food
Spoon Thai - Thai, be sure to get the Chicago tribune menu and the
translated Thai menu
Spacca Napoli - authentic Neapolitan style pizza and Italian
Kuma's Corner - pub with metal theme, decent beer selection and
interesting burgers named after metal bands

I'll also mention that several chefs from higher end Chicago
restaurants have been on Iron Chef America: Tru, Moto, Avenues.

Anthony Rubin
Chicago, IL