[Chicago] MPI in Python?

Pete pfein at pobox.com
Wed Feb 27 23:05:46 CET 2008

On Wednesday February 27 2008 1:15:19 pm skip at pobox.com wrote:
>     Massimo> Is the CPU don't share the same RAM threading is not an option
>     Massimo> unless you use OpenMP, which emulates shared memory but it is
>     Massimo> very slow compared with MPI. Nobody uses it anymore.
>
> So MPI means "Message Passing Interface" where the messages must be passed
> via shared memory?  *sigh* If so, I'll look elsewhere for solutions.

My presentation at the March meeting is on my recent work on GrassyKnoll,
including a multi-{thread,core,box} message passing layer. Lock-free
concurrency at it's best - kill the GIL where it lives.

Oh, did I mention it's based on HTTP?  Yeah.

--Pete

Peter Fein   ||   773-575-0694   ||   pfein at pobox.com
http://www.pobox.com/~pfein/   ||   PGP: 0xCCF6AE6B
irc: pfein at freenode.net   ||   jabber: peter.fein at gmail.com