[Chicago] import question

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Thu Jan 24 14:44:43 CET 2008

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 10:07:13AM -0600, Massimo Di Pierro wrote:
> if I import it it works. But in web2py apps, ideally the individual
> applications should carry packages with themselves because they are
> not supposed to have dependencies. It is a long story.

Oh sure, it has roots going back to the original invention of shared
libraries.  :-)

> installing is what I do not want to do.

Well, there's installing them normally, editing them to work in the
non-pathed location you want to put them, or altering the path at
runtime.  So far you've categorically said the first two are what you
don't want to do, so I guess we know how this is going to turn out.

--
The most effective way to get information from usenet is not to ask
a question; it is to post incorrect information.  -- Aahz's Law