[Chicago] Next meeting...So far

Allan Spale allan2600 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 17:57:45 CET 2008

Hi,

If you need a talk on a particular Python topic, I would be open to talk
about any of the following:

   * Co-routines
   * Context manager
   * Operator overloading
   * Lambda stuff
   * Object-orientated concepts (inheritance, properties, class
methods)...could talk about metaclasses but I still don't know how to
exactly code them or when would be the best time to use them

With Python modules tied to specific topics, I could discuss:

   * pybsddb (Python BerkeleyDB): compare/constrast BerkeleyDB with SQL
databases
   * small parts of etree and pdis in a quick tutorial of how to do simple
screen scraping
   * mx for date/time management
   * ply...how to write a simple compiler (this might be better for a longer
talk of more detail)
   * xmlrpclib which I like to call "fun with XML-RPC"
   * twitter...one of the many python Twitter APIs

If you really gave me some motivation, I might be willing to quickly learn
the Yahoo BOSS Mashup Framework and give a short talk about it.

As for a meeting space, I am a fan of public library meeting rooms because
they are cheap and usually easily available. That would definitely put adult
beverages outside of the meeting scope, but it would likely encourage some
sort of post meeting dinner activity.

Allan