[Chicago] Next meeting...So far

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Tue Nov 4 16:23:41 CET 2008

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 9:14 AM, David Durham, Jr.
<david.durham.jr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 10:27 AM, Brian Ray <bray at sent.com> wrote:

>>        * David Durham may have something to present on (may not)
>
> I do not currently have anything to present on.  I am willing to talk
> about stackless python (and demo a PSP example), but I do not have
> anything substantive at this time.  Also, no one really said until now
> that there was interest. :)  I kind of figured that stackless was old
> news to the python group.

I am a perpetual newbie given that I don't end up spending free time
as much as I'd like on programming projects, and I only get to do some
jython stuff at work for the most part. and I'd love to hear more
about stackless. I can be voted down though.

I had a trip to SF for a conference and was able to take a side trip
to the baypiggies meeting to hear Christian Tismer give a talk on
Stackless, which I will take as my intro talk, and so I'd like to hear
an intro 2.0 talk. which I guess your PSP example would be?

> To sum it up, I still need a PSP with video out (perhaps Santa will be
> good to me) and I still need to put together a substantive
> presentation on stackless python.  This probably will not happen until
> Jan at the earliest.

Oh, well, I guess not for this meeting.

tangent on stackless, would it make sense, if I wanted to play around
with alife stuff, to use stackless?

--
sheila