[Chicago] mobile apps

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 19:17:50 CEST 2008

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 10:59 AM, Carl Karsten <carl at personnelware.com> wrote:
> Kumar - don't settle for asterisk, go for the Cadillac: yate
> What showed me that Python was awesome:
> http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/etel/2006/06/27/fast-prototyping-of-telephony-applications-with-yate.html

There are Python bindings for Asterisk -
http://py-asterisk.berlios.de/py-asterisk.php - which would address
the prototyping concern (it's Python!) and speed concern (just binds
to the c libs).

Anyway, I don't have any desire to make a phone app.  I hate the
phone.  I was just using it as an example of creating an audio
oriented app.