[Chicago] Integrated wiki + forums

Garrett Smith g at rrett.us.com
Fri Oct 17 00:16:11 CEST 2008

I spent some time looking at Pinax. I'm surprised at how innovative the approach sounds, despite Zope and Plone having supported mini-app integration within a full stack for, um, like a decade?

I know it's convenient to leverage ORMs and templating frameworks, etc. for app integration, but do we really need another ecosystem that's tightly bound to an uber  framework?

Or, is the case that it's just not possible to build composite apps on a set of low-level support services without those services becoming yet another closed ecosystem? Ian? Anyone?

I appreciate what Deliverance is doing -- it's the extreme other side of integration and it just might be the right approach, if it can succeed. I'm a bit skeptical, but the vision is damn compelling.