[Chicago] Drupal equivalent?

Erion Omeri erion.omeri at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 12:58:00 CET 2008

Plone works great and easy to set up out of the box with default
settings. Getting it to work nice with Squid the caching service, load
balance it was a little tricky for us. Also we found the
administration architecture to be a little hard to use when
programming portlets(modules) for it. Plone is really powerful and
once you get your head around it, you can do a lot of things with it.
By default it uses Zope to store object and even the data but you can
make it store on a relational database as well. In my experience it
was a little pain to debug, and the online code modification views
made it convenient to access code, but not as powerful as any new IDE
out there.
One of the greatest benefits of Plone though, was the public view,
that content generators(users) would use that is why we did strong
move to convert all the websites that had static content to Plone at
UW-Oshkosh, which is still a working progress.

I overall I would still recommend Plone to anyone for its power and
extendability. http://www.plone.org

Django I dont have much experience with, although I have seen the
presentation at Google Tech Talks about it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMql3Di4Kgc

Good luck!

Erion