[Chicago] Jython

Feihong Hsu hsu.feihong at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 19 18:28:29 CEST 2009

If you went to school for computer science between 1998-ish to 2002-ish, then you likely picked up Java as one of your first programming languages, as many college CS departments switched from Scheme or C/C++ to Java. This effort received a lot of support from the textbook industry, who were eager to sell more overpriced textbooks.

When I ate dinner with Guido, he or someone else at the table made the observation that all the Python programmers he knew had at one time programmed in Perl.