[Chicago] February Meeting

James Snyder jbsnyder at fanplastic.org
Tue Feb 3 04:04:37 CET 2009

I could talk about a couple of different areas, depending on level of interest:
- multiprocessing module that is present in 2.6 & 3.0 (and backported to 2.5).  It allows for pretty simple and easy dividing of work into multiple processes.
- NumPy, SciPy and matplotlib in general, recent developments or some interesting modules that depend on these.  I could take this in a few directions depending on how many people are familiar with these tools and at what level.
- Controlling and getting data from Arduino (microcontroller) using Python and Firmata. I could do a couple things here, but It'd probably involve visualizing data collected from sensors in real time (maybe an accelerometer) and/or controlling some servos.

Any interest in those?

-jsnyder