[Chicago] ChiPy Needs your Help!

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Mon Jan 5 20:08:07 CET 2009

sheila miguez wrote:
> It's ambitious so it would be good to get a list. I thought we were
> going to focus on dynamic languages, but with c and java et al it
> might be too ambitious.
>
> For tcl I was hoping to hear about tclkits vs eggs since I hear that eggs suck.

What's interesting would depend on the language, no?  I only want to
hear about interesting stuff.  If tclkits are interesting, I'd like to
hear about them.

How about as a comparison point: how is the language interestingly
better than Python?  As an example: "it's faster" might be a case of
"better" but it isn't really "interesting" (though maybe a short
discussion of how type declarations enable runtime optimizations might
be interesting -- I just don't think a laundry list of advantages is
interesting).

For instance, if I talked about Logo I'd probably talk only about its
advantages as a teaching language.  For Smalltalk there's the persistent
image, and how it breaks down the difference between code and objects.

--
Ian Bicking : ianb at colorstudy.com : http://blog.ianbicking.org