[Chicago] Fwd: Access DB?

Chris McAvoy chris.mcavoy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 18:20:15 CEST 2009

Hey All,

I'm converting an Access database to MySQL or Postgres, and am looking
at tools.  I've seen some examples of connecting the DB through ODBC,
but it seems like that needs a windows machine.  I found a command
line tool in linux that can access the db, which is probably my best
bet, but I wanted to through it out to you smart folks to see if
there's a better Pythonic way to approach the problem.  I know there's
a python library that can read Excel natively, anything similar for
Access?

Chris