[Chicago] ANN: Chicago Python User Group August meeting this Thursday 7pm ITA

bray at sent.com bray at sent.com
Tue Aug 10 16:35:15 CEST 2010

ChiPy
=====

7 PM Thursday Aug 12, 2010  (This Thursday in the loop)

RSVP here ->
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHVLOTNTU3oxTzJKYjB3RmV4eVZkMEE6MA

Get ready for the best ChiPy meeting ever!  We will head over to ITA in
the loop for this free and informative (not to mention fun and filling)
Chicago Python User Group.  ChiPy newcomer (but not new to Python or
speaking for that matter) Steve Ayers will be leading the show for some
data mining tips. PyGame and Python 3 porting guide overviews to follow.
Finally, we will have a panel discussion that will dispel some of the
Cloud Computing myths and define the term from the Pythonic perspective.

Topics
------

 * (45 min) Data Mining With Python -- Steve Ayers
 * (10 min) Break for Pizza (  Thanks, Paul May & Associates
 http://paulmayassociates.com/ )
 * (15 min) PyWeek competition and PyGame library Example -- Eugenia
 Gabrielova
 * (20 min) Python 3 porting guide walk-through -- Brian Curtin
 * (20+ min) Panel Discussion on, "Defining 'Cloud computing' and how
 Python relates" See ChiPy List for Details
 http://mail.python.org/pipermail/chicago/2010-August/thread.html#7033

Location
--------

 Illinois Technology Association (ITA)
 200 S. Wacker Drive
 15th Floor
 Chicago, IL 60606

 312.435.2805
 http://www.illinoistech.org

 Metra: exit on Adams St, walk East across the bridge, first door on the
 right.

Sign Up
-------

RSVP please so we know how much pizza/beer to order:

  https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHVLOTNTU3oxTzJKYjB3RmV4eVZkMEE6MA

About the group
carries no obligation. Nor does showing up at the meetings. Nor, at
least so far, does anything else we have done, although we always
appreciate it when our presenters show up. (They usually do!)

http://chipy.org