[Chicago] Sanity Check

Lance Hassan lance at roytalman.com
Thu Dec 2 16:05:41 CET 2010

It's becoming the norm...whether you judge them to be meaningless or not. A
significant number of our clients will not only want to see Brainbench
scores (percentiles not the useless Brainbench grading system) but many have
also cooked up logic tests as well. In other words it's not just enough to
say you are a great problem solver who thinks out of the box on your resume,
you better be able to pony up and prove it. We will also recommend them
(Brainbench) under many circumstances because we know that the programming
depth our clients demand just isn't available to everyone and we need some
sort of benchmark. It's not the "end all" but it establishes a starting
point for managing expectations. If you take the test yourself then you own
the results...the problem with a lot of companies is that they own the
results and you keep having to repeat yourself.

Thank You
Lance Hassan
Roy Talman and Associates