[Chicago] ANN: ChiPy at ITA Thu July 8, 7p
carl at personnelware.com
Wed Jul 7 22:37:43 CEST 2010
When: 7 PM Thursday July 8, 2010
Best meeting ever!
1. 7:00 Programming with Twisted. (Dan Griffin)
2. 7:45 Pizza (Imaginary Landscape)
3. 8:30 PyPy and Unladen-Swallow: Making your Python Fast (Alex Gaynor)
1. Programming with Twisted.
- What twisted is and its purpose in life(ie the reactor pattern).
- Non-blocking network programming.
- The confusing topic of deferreds and callbacks everywhere.
- Methods for dealing with blocking APIs.
Local Python shop wants to make sure we don't pass out from
starvation. Return the favor by visiting http://chicagopython.com
3. PyPy and Unladen-Swallow: Making your Python Fast
Python has a reputation for being a bit slow, but it doesn't have to
be that way. This talk will cover why Python is slow, and what two of
the most exciting virtual machines are doing about it.
Illinois Technology Association (ITA)
200 S. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606
Metra: exit on Adams St, walk East across the bridge, first door on the right.
Show your ID to security. Be on the list or they will be sad.
More information about the Chicago