[Chicago] Python and web

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 21:27:13 CET 2010

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 6:49 PM, Jonathan Hayward
<christos.jonathan.hayward at gmail.com> wrote:
> spo0nman writes"The PythonOnPlanes release team has just
> published PythonOnPlanes-1.3.07 aka. 'the SuperSunday' release. For those in
> the know PythonOnPlanes is a rapid development framework for Python which
> uses commonly known design patterns like ActiveRecord, Association
> DataMapping, Front Controller and MVC. Our primary goal is to provide a
> structured framework that enables Python users at all levels to rapidly
> develop robust web applications, without any loss to flexibility.'Major
> highlights in the release include Active Scrum Manager 1, Sanity Preserver
> 3.13 and Lart 22.21. This is also the first release with the *PythonOnPlanes
> Live CD Installer* officially debuting on the x86 platform.'"
> http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/04/01/176239

this sounds a lot like Pylons, which I've used quite a bit.
http://pylonshq.com/
It has upsides and downsides when compared to Django.  I really hope
someone else doesn't clone Rails -- honestly most of the things I find
unpythonic about Pylons were cloned from Rails.