[Chicago] Python/Django Job Opening in Chicago, IL

Matthew Kemp mattkemp at gmail.com
Fri May 14 16:38:59 CEST 2010

Hello fellow Pythonistas,

I have probably meet some of you at ChiPy meetings. For those of you that
don't know me, I work for IMC as a developer. We have an opening for a
Python Application Developer. Included below is the description and contact
information.

Thanks,
Matt

Company: IMC Financial Markets and Asset Management
Website: http://www.imc-chicago.com/
Job Title: Application Developer
Group: Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse Team
Location: Chicago, IL

Role purpose:
The main purpose and focus of this role will be to support Mid Office
functions, but will occasionally also require providing support to other
teams.  The person in this role will develop workflow and user-interface
tools based on the Django framework.

Key accountabilities:
•    Create web based tools, using Python/Django Framework, to power
configuration and workflow applications that the Mid Office and Data
Warehouse teams require.
•    Interface with the Data Warehouse to understand the underlying data
structures and database requirements of those applications.
•    Work closely with Mid Office to understand the needed user interface
and business logic needed within these web applications.

Technical requirements:
•    Experience developing web based applications from end to end.
•    2-5 years experience utilizing Perl, Python, or Ruby for web based
applications.
•    Experience with web application development, utilizing Django platform
strongly preferred
•    Experience with and knowledge of database interaction a plus
•    Experience with SQL a plus
•    Test Driven Development experience a plus

Success Factors:
•    Must be a self starter, and able to work productively and efficiently
under minimal supervision.
•    Strong analytical thinker and desire to solve complex problems.
•    Ensure that strong interaction and communication occurs between
business users.
•    Willingness to work closely with the business and end users to achieve
the team’s goals.

To apply send an email to careers at imc-chicago.com with your resume. Please
put Application Developer in the subject.