[Chicago] Broken link on http://www.chipy.org/reviews

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 14:39:27 CEST 2010

On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 5:17 AM, Stephan V Bechtolsheim
<svbechtolsheim at yahoo.com> wrote:
> The link under "Brian Ray wrote a review of Producing Open Source Software"
>     (http://brianray.chipy.org//Book%20Reviews/ProducingOSS.html)
> is invalid.

Thanks, I restored that review on Producing OSS I wrote in 2005 on
Karl's book.

Funny story   .... for a while, when we were a smaller group we had
our meeting in the Monadnock building.  One of our members was hanging
out in the coffee shop on the first floor and was spotted by Brian
Fitzpatrick (fitz) because he was wearing a Python shirt.  Brian,
Karl, and IIRC Ben, all worked in the Monadnock working on the
Subversion Project for CollabNet.  Fitz soon cvs2svn and stated,
"cvs2svn is the most difficult piece of code I've ever written--I'm
going to write a paper for CodeCon next year about it called "Making
Apples from Applesauce." That was the best meeting to date.

I believe all three went to work at Google.  Ben and Fitz have been
pretty visible in the ask the engineer
http://www.google.com/search?q=google+ben+and+fitz&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=eHD&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=v&source=univ&tbs=vid:1&tbo=u&ei=OzyCTOmLPIGynAfG2O2bAQ&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=2&ved=0CB8QqwQwAQ
 Since I think Karl went to work for Oreilly
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/1438

I think book reviews and the ChiPy support always helps. You see, that
is because we are the best user group ever.

Cheers, Brian Ray