[Chicago] Mentoring Proposal Fwd: website needed for social enterprise

Jeremy McMillan jeremy.mcmillan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 22:00:58 CEST 2011

On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 07:04 AM, Brian Ray <brianhray at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am pretty open to looking at this as our next mentoring project.  I
> do think we need to get a couple tasks done for the the chipy.org site
> first.  Also, if we are going to take on an outside project like this
> we should probably take a look at a couple and pick one perhaps after
> some sort of vote.
>
> Cheers, Brian

A) Tasks for the chipy.org site: which ones?

B) Vote on what? Do we have any other proposals to consider?

People who expressed interest in the philanthropy mentoring project:
* Daniel Peters <danieltpeters at gmail.com>
* Dan Schmidt <vapor.noob at gmail.com>

I am against abandoning the Chipy web site, because I think it's good for Chipy, and Chipy is good for everybody! However, there are more things to learn from other projects, some of which might be contributed back to the Chipy site, and we've apparently doubled our supply of mentors (assuming the Dans Peters and Schmidt are willing and able to mentor). Otherwise, we've just doubled our supply of mentees  or added a matched pair for a ~30% increase in heads. Oh, and my wife is interested in taking on some of the administrative or design work. What Chipy site enhancements would you consider a blocker?