[Chicago] Tonight's North Meeting

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Mar 18 18:23:20 CET 2011

    Mike> I realize it is early to be asking but do we have speakers or
    Mike> topics for the next session?

Would it be okay to make a presentation with the hopes of trying to get
people interested in contributing to the subject project?

I'm thinking of SpamBayes:

    http://www.spambayes.org/

I am currently the only more-or-less active developer.  ("Active" should
probably be in air quotes.)  The major stumbling block is that I have no
Windows expertise and thus obviously don't use Outlook, which is the
majority platform for SpamBayes these days.  With Windows 7 64-bit gaining
in popularity there are all sorts of bumps in the road for Outlook users,
who never seem to be programmers for some reason.  I'd really like some help
with that part of the system.

So, if a blatant pitch here or in the next North meeting is okay, I can try
to put together a simple presentation about SpamBayes.

Skip