[Chicago] Dedicated Server Hosting Recommendations?

Brian Herman brianherman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 21:58:39 CET 2011

linode?
Storage
*48GB
Ram
**1536MB
Transfer
**600GB
**$59.95*
http://www.linode.com/features.cfm

   - Deploy multiple Linux distributions
   - Create Configuration Profiles which associate disk images and device
   nodes
   - Boot between configuration profiles
   - Share disk images between configuration profiles
   - Resize disk images
   - Network and CPU usage graphs
   - Multiple IP address support
   - Managed/hosted DNS service with slave support
   - Custom reverse DNS (rdns)
   - Access Out of band console access using Lish
   - Lish menu system to issue jobs to your Linode
   - Lish access via SSH keys
   - Support for booting into single user mode, init=/bin/bash
   - Support for booting with a custom "root=" kernel parameter
   - Support for booting with an initrd
   - Bootable recovery distribution (Finnix)
   - Add and remove extra resources to and from your Linode
   - Shutdown Watchdog will automatically reboot your Linode in case of a
   crash
   - Clone a Linode to another
   - Move IPs from one Linode to another
   - IP address fail over support for high availability setups

Thanks,
Brian Herman

brianjherman.com
brianherman at acm.org