[Chicago] ANN: ChiPy May Meeting Tomorrow Thurs. at Threadless

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Wed May 11 17:54:23 CEST 2011

Save the date! You are invited to what will undoubtably be the best
meeting ever... no threads attached!

When: Thursday May 12th 2011 7 p.m.
Where: Threadless 1260 W. Madison, ample parking, close to Ashland &
Lake Green/Pink "L" stop
Special Thanks to Threadless and Chris McAvoy
http://www.threadless.com/ for hosting!

Please RSVP  https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHVLOTNTU3oxTzJKYjB3RmV4eVZkMEE6MA
Topics:

Eventlet/Greenlet - Coroutines and the Future of Concurrency
(:50 Fifty Minutes)
By: Brantley Harris
threads suck; How coroutines work; and how they can replace threads
for simplicity, fun, and speed.

Pizza and Socialize
(:20 Twenty Minutes)
Special thanks to our food sponsor Leon Chis and Analyte Health
http://www.analytehealth.com/, Online clinic built with Python,
"Leveraging the internet to deliver convenient and high quality healthcare"

Lightening and Thunder
(:45 Forty Five Minutes)
We will break out into 4 groups based on interest for round tables and
lightening talks. The groups will be:

 * Web Dev and Hacker Journalism
 * Database, Hosting, and Systems
 * Mobile, Embedded Hacking
 * Scientific

Also the new Chipy Mentoring Program has just conducted their first
release of the http://chipy.org site.  Stay tuned for some new
features and to meet the 7 contributors in next month's meeting.

ChiPy is a group of Chicago Python Programmers, l33t, and n00bs.
Meetings are held monthly at various locations around Chicago. Also,
ChiPy is a proud sponsor of many Open Source and Educational efforts
in Chicago. Stay tuned to the mailing list for more info.

ChiPy website: <http://chipy.org>
ChiPy Announcement *ONLY* Mailing List: