[Chicago] [ANN] ChiPy receives sponsorship

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 16:22:18 CEST 2011

Good news, a sponsor has given us a larger than normal donation to help
cover ChiPy expenses for the next 6 months.

I filed with the state of illinois and the irs as non-profit so we could
open a bank account. If you ever want to see a statement, let me know.

The sponsor does not want their name on the internet for giving the donation
so I will tell you in person who it was if you ask me. They did not do it
for and do not want publicity because they just want to support the good
things we do. I think they were particularly interested in things like our
educational and mentoring programs as well as our traditional monthly
meetings.

How will we spend? I would like to see business as usual and help cover the
gap with things fall apart like if a host can not provide food. Of course,
we want to be frugal because these resources by no means are limitless nor
do they cover all of our needs for the next year. Nonetheless, this is a
step in the right direction for ChiPy and I think as others see the good
things we do, they too will be interested in supporting ChiPy.

--

Brian Ray