[Chicago] python emacs question

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Fri Nov 2 21:15:09 CET 2012

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 3:06 PM, Brian Curtin <brian at python.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 2:45 PM, sheila miguez <shekay at pobox.com> wrote:
>> I played around colorcolumn, but it was driving me crazy. If I could
>> have it be a very thin line with a subtle color I might use it again.
>
> Visual Studio's version of "colorcolumn" is great. It's a very thin
> dotted line in whatever RGB value you choose.
>
> Visual Studio + Python Tools for Visual Studio + ViEmu = great combo

It's probably nicer than the equivalent in Eclipse. I have Eclipse
with Vimode and eclim. I never really got in to it for python editing.
I use it for java, and the coding standard here seems to be 120. So,
in vim I was hoping to have a subtle gutter at 120 for if I opened
java files, and 80 for everything else.

and if the OP didn't mean only gvimrc files, I have
https://github.com/codersquid/vimdots but my dot files are rather
messily organized.

--
sheila