[Chicago] Introduce Yourself

David Dumas daviddumas at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 04:59:36 CEST 2012

Hello all,

My name is David.  I'm an associate professor in the math department
at UIC.  My research concerns hyperbolic manifolds and complex
analysis, and I use python programs for various tasks related to this
work including numerical experiments (aided by scipy/numpy/etc), glue
code and automation for programs written in other languages (e.g. with
pexpect), and for lots of general system administration tasks.  I also
do some python programming in my free time for fun and for hobby
projects.

I haven't been to any ChiPy meetings yet, as I just joined a couple of
weeks ago.  I should be able to make it to the October 11 meeting.
I'm looking forward to seeing some of the cool stuff that other python
enthusiasts in Chicago are up to.

-David

--
David Dumas
Dept. of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science