[Chicago] pydev

Brian Curtin brian at python.org
Sun Apr 28 22:00:55 CEST 2013

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 9:21 PM, Samir Faci <samir at esamir.com> wrote:
> I'm a big fan of PyCharm..  actually I should rephrase that.. I'm a
> big fan of Intellij, I do wish their products weren't paid....and more
> free...but it's the first piece of software that I've bought in
> years..
>
> (Linux user, here.. most software I tend to use is pretty much free ).

Do you wish they weren't paid because they're not worth it, or because
you want it for $0 because you're used to $0? For something you're
going to use for at least 6 hours a day, 5 days a week, 250 days a
year, the cost for just about any IDE ends up being so small for
something you use so much. It's especially cheap considering it's
something that helps you create value (for any definition of that
word) for whoever you're writing code for.